Ante Natal Program
Oceana Health & Fitness now offers a water-based exercise class for expecting mums. These 45-minute classes will incorporate stretching, relaxation, breathing, strengthening and general fitness activities.
Fully-qualified instructors will guide each participant through a structured routine that will improve well-being of both mother and child and prepare the body for the demands of childbirth. Classes are held in our hydrotherapy pool which is heated to a very comfortable 33.5 degrees.
Class numbers are limited to a maximum of 10. Larger classes may be held in our 25-metre pool depending on the size of the group.
Benefits of improved fitness during pregnancy
- Supports and allows proper function of the intestines and other internal organs.
- Allows for better control of posture, reduced risk of low back pain due to changes in your centre of gravity.
- Improved general strength and endurance.
- Better support for growing breasts.
- Makes carrying extra weight easier.
- Better muscular control will assist during labour.
- Faster healing process and return to ‘normal’ bodyweight following birth.
- Reduces the risk of varicose veins.
- Maintain as close to normal activity during pregnancy.
10 classes for $120 for non members
Member discounts apply
Wednesday & Thursdays at 6.30pm
For bookings phone 6244 4444 or email us